Saturday, February 27, 2010

When it rains in L.A., my blog gets updated.

And here it is! This is as far as I've ever taken a digital painting. I rarely have weeks to work on and develop a single piece on the job. I feel like this has become much more detailed than I ever intended, but in the end it was very rewarding to see if I could meet the challenge of maintaining focus and the original strengths of the painting as more and more detail was added.
About halfway -- I felt like coming to a close, but a friend commented that it still felt a little digital and the focal points could use some tweaking. Thanks Cameron!
Some color samples and an earlier composition.

It's really pouring here in the valley, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to update the blog! I was hoping to finish this in time for this year's Spectrum 17 competition, but no such luck. I only made it to about a halfway point, but it did allow me to work more leisurely and to really focus on bringing in details and textures.

No comments: